It’s Foodie Friday! This recipe comes from our friend Nicole Aucoin, registered dietitian and owner of Healthy Steps Nutrition / CrossFit HSN and it is AWESOME. I have also made this using a rotisserie chicken.
• 1.5 lbs organic boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 2 cups quinoa • 4 cups bone broth (chicken)
• 2 minced garlic cloves • 5 carrots (sliced)
• 1 bunch asparagus
• 1 cup frozen peas
• Pinch of kosher salt and pepper
1. Combine chicken, quinoa, 2 cups of bone broth, garlic and carrots. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Cook for 4 hours on high.
3. Shred chicken with a fork.
4. Add asparagus and peas then cook for another 30 minutes.
5. Pour over the remaining 2 cups of bone broth then stir until creamy.