It’s Foodie Friday. Another delicious and nutritious recipe from our friend Nicole Aucoin, registered dietitian and owner of Healthy Step Nutrition / CrossFit HSN in Deerfield Beach, FL. Enjoy!
• ½ an avocado
• lemon juice
• 1 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
• 1 tbsp celery, finely chopped
• 1 can of tuna
• Salt, pepper, and dried dill to taste
1. Scoop out the middle of ½ an avocado and place in a bowl
2. Add chopped onion, celery, lemon juice (about ½ tbsp), and
seasonings and mix well
3. Drain tuna, add to bowl, and mix again
4. Place on Ezekiel bread, on top of a salad, or use to stuff a pepper
5. Enjoy! The best thing about this recipe is you can mix in any
combination of veggies you like. Carrots, cucumber, and red
peppers would be a great added crunch.